Dear Living Grace Family,
Since nothing substantial has changed regarding the coronavirus restrictions and guidelines for group gatherings, we are still having to make adjustments to what we are doing, and not doing, as a church body for the time being. As a result, here is the latest update on the happenings at Living Grace:
- Sunday Services – We believe that there may be some movement toward groups being allowed to meet again in the near future, but at this point there have been no changes to the restrictions on group gatherings. So, we will continue to worship together via a pre-recorded worship service that will be posted at 10:00 am on Sunday mornings until we notify you otherwise. You can find the video recording on both our website (www.livinggracebakersfield.com/messages) and our free Living Grace App (it is titled “Living Grace Bakersfield” in app stores. Click links to download for Apple | Android).
- Home Groups – This week is the final week of official home group meetings before our standard summer break. Please stay in communication with one another over the summer, and if group restrictions are eased, please consider getting together as a group to celebrate. Home Group leaders will still have access to use Zoom if you would like to get together virtually at some point over the summer as well. The new Home Group year will begin the week of September 13th. If you are not already in a group, Home Group sign-ups will take place the entire month of August.
- Youth Group – The youth group will be having a Summer Study on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00 PM starting on Wednesday, June 3rd. Matt Petrissans will be sending out more information regarding this study soon, but if you have any questions please email him at email@example.com.
- All Other Church Events –
- Our annual church picnic is still on the scheduled for Sunday, June 7th from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. That being said, it does seem likely that it will need to be postponed. We are hoping to have the picnic and an outdoor church service on the first Sunday we are able to meet together as a church, whenever that is. We will keep you posted on the details as they emerge.
At the picnic we will be performing baptisms for those who would like to be baptized. If you are interested, please contact myself (Brian - firstname.lastname@example.org) or Billy (email@example.com).
- The Parent/Child Dedication was scheduled to take place on Father’s Day (June 21st). We have postponed that special ceremony until the fall (date TBD).
- Our Mid-Year Congregational Meeting is still planned for Sunday, June 28th, immediately following our Sunday service. We are hoping to hold this meeting in-person, but we are prepared to hold this meeting virtually if necessary.
- We will be having a Summer Class called “Building a Healthy Church.” This class will be held on Tuesday nights (beginning Tuesday, June 2nd and going through Tuesday, July 21st) from 6:30-8:00 PM. Initially, we may have to hold these classes virtually over Zoom, but more details will be coming. During the course of this class we will be discussing the marks of a healthy church and covering topics such as: membership, eldership, church discipline, missions, evangelism, discipleship, prayer, preaching, and biblical theology. Attached you will find a schedule and a list of books that coincide with each session if you would like to follow along. We strongly encourage you to get the books, read them, and participate in this class if you are able.
As always, we thank the Lord for you all and for your desire to use this time to grow in your knowledge of, and love for, Jesus Christ. We have been truly encouraged by what we have heard regarding the myriad of ways you continue to pursue your relationship with Jesus Christ during this season.
We love and miss you all,
The Living Grace Elders